In these conditions of sale:
The company means Decorative Gardens Limited (Reg No 9380941) trading as www.decorativegardens.co.uk
Correspondence and registered address is Roseneath Low Street, Haxey, Doncaster DN9 2LA
The customer means any person contracting with the company for the supply of products or services.
Delivery means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly.
These conditions may only be modified by a variation in writing signed on behalf of the company by a Director.
Submission of a purchase order online, instructions given using a telephone or other electronic communication will be taken as agreement to these conditions of sale.
1. Products are sold under the express understanding that: contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with the Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005.
Any customer who contracts in the course of their business is excluded from consumer legislation and are contracting with the company on a business to business basis.
2. The customer is made aware that Aggregates other stone products are natural products. We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations. All sizes quoted are approximate.
3. The company requires any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 48 hours of collection or delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then it must be returned to the company within a reasonable period of time following the procedure explained below and any additional requirements displayed on the website, www.decorativegardens.co.uk will apply.
The maximum value of any refund will be the value of the goods supplied and will be made using the payment method when goods were purchased less any charges that are the responsibility of the buyer.
4. All prices quoted by the company are in £ GBP and include the cost of delivery and applicable VAT unless otherwise stated. Customers are required to pay by credit card/debit card at the time of ordering.
5. Some of the products we supply may be packaged quoting multi buy offers or other discounts. (e.g. Buy 3 get 1 free) The prices quoted on decorativegardens.co.uk are the final agreed price and incorporate any offers that may be quoted on packaging.
1.The company will make every reasonable effort to deliver on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver, then no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause whatsoever.
2. Delivery by the company shall be conditional upon access free from encumbrances and good roads being available to the delivery vehicles to the place of delivery. The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery. If the company or its agent cannot gain access to the delivery address then additional costs may be incurred, this includes, if in the opinion of the agent or delivery driver it is not safe to deliver.
Deliveries are made using large vehicles and it is the customer’s responsibility to inform the company if there may be an access problem. The company will confirm the outcome by e-mail.
In such cases that delivery, in the opinion of the company is not possible, then the company reserves the right to cancel the order. This above action must be completed before 2.00 pm on the day prior to delivery. E-mail confirmation of orders also request the customer to contact the company if a delivery problem may occur. Delivery vehicles use tail lift offloading, and it must be emphasized that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in an area where the delivery is to be made. A pallet truck is then used to manoeuvre the products off the tail lift to the kerbside delivery point. The customer, or somebody appointed by the customer, should be at the delivery point to accept the delivery. If the delivery is unable to be completed or refused by the customer, the customer will be responsible for the delivery cost and any cost incurred by the company to have the goods returned.
Goods should only be returned if the company has agreed to receive them to an address that the company provides. Goods should not be returned to the registered address, if they are then the cost of transporting them, and making them safe for transport, to a location of the companies choosing will be the responsibility of the buyer. A refund will then be made for no more than the original purchase price less any return costs.
The customer has the right to cancel any product or services except perishable goods which are listed below. Any cancellation must be made within 14 days from the date of the order being placed.
Cancellations are not accepted by telephone and must be by one of the following methods:
Customers are required to return the goods, at their own expense, only if the company has agreed to receive them. The company will provide an address for the goods to be sent to.
The registered/postal address is an office address and goods should not be returned to that address. If goods are sent there then the cost of transporting them, and making them safe for transport, to a location of the companies choosing will be the responsibility of the buyer.
A refund will then be made for no more than the original purchase price less any costs that are the responsibility of the buyer using the payment method used to purchase the goods. A refund can only be made if goods are returned in their original packaging and in the condition they were supplied. Until they are received by the company the buyer will be responsible for the security and insurance of the goods.
Product quality standards refers to any product within the gravel and stone & horticultural supplies categories sold by the company.
Many of the products we supply are natural products and the shape, size, colour of these can change from one batch to the next. Information provided in product descriptions is a guide as to the nature of the product and should not be interpreted as a precise description of the goods we supply.We do our best to keep our descriptions up to date to reflect current production, and we have quality procedures in place to try and maintain consistent quality. If a particular aspect of a product is critical to your application of our products we recommend you contact us before ordering so we can advise you.
Any samples supplied are a guide to the final product supplied, we can not guarantee that the actual product will be the same as the sample. Samples are supplied from current production but there may be changes to the products in any subsequent supply.
Colour is a subjective description, we try and describe products as accurately as we can. Many aggregates are a combination of a range of coloured stones, our description is intended as a guide to the overall colour and effect when viewed at a reasonable distance.
We supply a volume calculator purely as a guide to requirements. The customer is responsible for deciding on the actual volume ordered and the volume suitable for the task. The calculator is based on using 20mm aggregate, for larger products the volume requirement maybe greater than the calculator estimates.
Perishable goods are Turf and other products specifically identified as such on their product page at www.decorativegardens.co.uk. All other goods are non-perishable. Perishable goods are excluded from cancellation under The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689, 2005.
Any order amendments must be made before goods are dispatched, Dispatch may be up to five working days prior to delivery. A unique amendment reference will be returned with your amendment confirmation email, this will be needed in any further correspondence or dispute. We are unable to amend orders after dispatch.
The customer, the company and its agents will comply with all requirements of Health & Safety Legislation.
Delivery will be made on a kerb side delivery basis and will be the customer’s responsibility to move the Gravel Slate and bark products from the place of delivery to the area of use. The company accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons or equipment whilst on customer premises.
Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays either in England or applicable in the delivery area are not working days.
Orders placed before midday on a working day will be dispatched that day. Orders placed after midday will be dispatched on the next working day.
These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of England. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by the company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.
If you find the same product cheaper on another website within 5 days of ordering. We will refund the difference plus apply and extra discount as well. The product has to be package in the the same size bags and also from the same manufacture as us.